Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Starring a Regal Helen Mirren

Marvelous Helen Mirren won a Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in 2006's THE QUEEN. That was not the first royal role to bring Mirren an Oscar nomination. She was a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nominee for playing Queen Charlotte in 1994's THE MADNESS OF KING GEORGE. The late Nigel Hawthorne was a Best Actor Oscar nominee for taking on the lead role in the film. The play and screenplay were written by Alan Bennett.
I tell you this because of what I heard on live news talk radio out of Los Angeles this afternoon. Although I am not currently in Southern California, I still listen to KNX1070 radio to keep up with the latest in my SoCal hometown. KNX has a one hour weekday show that airs at 1p Pacific with an 8p Pacific repeat. It's called IN DEPTH WITH MIKE SIMPSON AND CHARLES FELDMAN. It's August 13th and today's first guest, calling in from New York, was Anthony Scaramucci, former White House communications chief for Donald Trump.

Scaramucci was blunt and direct. So blunt that it seemed to catch the hosts by such a surprise that he was asked to repeat what he'd said for their confirmation. He did. Scaramucci feels that Trump is experiencing "mental decline" and that members of his inner circle are basically turning a blind eye to it. Scaramucci added that -- on a scale of 1 to 10 -- Trump's level of "mental decline" is about a 3. He further stated that we could have a THE MADNESS OF KING GEORGE situation in progress.
That is why I brought up this movie that starred Helen Mirren. Here's a trailer for it.
If any local theatre repertory companies or college theatre departments are seeking plays to put on for the fall season, maybe they could consider Alan Bennett's play. And perform it in modern day attire.  Here's a clip.
For the radio station's website, here you go: knx1070.com.

5 comments:

  1. HELLO EVERYONE
    Dr afrid has really be so wonderful to me i will always testify of his greatness in my life who could have believe Dr Afrid herbal herbs cured me from my herpes virus which i was having for the past 4 year,i came across drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com on a page of how to treat herpes virus and i saw a lot of testimony of how great Dr Afrid has helped them in there various problems and situations and his mobile numbers were also on each testimony +2349056393547
    to contact him, because i needed help to get rid of my herpes virus i wrote him on whats app and told him what i was passing through!dear friends all Dr AFRID ask me was not much to make sure am cured from my herpes virus, remember health is wealth, he sent me a herbal remedy for the cure of my herpes virus i was so much happy because after drinking the herbs as i was instructed by him i went to the hospital for checkup to my surprise my herpes result came out negative i will recommand drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com to anyone who need his help you can also 
    ...Thanks Dr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, he never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing him, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, he slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via Email droselumen@gmail. com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you having issues in your relationship, or finding it difficult to have a child of your own or are you the type having any diseases in your body. I will advice you to contact Dr. Abolo of Abolospell@gmail.com . The potency of his spell is so effective and can reunite broken relationship and can also make one get pregnant know matter the situation and not only that, he also has the power to cure all type of diseases within the period of 48hours.. Contact him today and thank me later.
    Contact details : Abolospell@gmail.com
    you can also contact hiim on whatsapp via: +27743411428.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day everybody, This is my testimony on how i won $4,200,201 million I want to use this opportunity to thank Great JOHN for helping me to win the lottery of $4,200,201 million dollars on Mega millions lottery ticket. I have been playing the lottery for the past 6 years now and I have never won. Ever since then I have not been able to win and I was so upset and I needed help to win the lottery. So I decided to go online and search for help, there i saw so many good testimonies about this man called Great JOHN of how he has cast lucky spell lotto for people to win the lottery. I contacted him also and told him I want to win a lottery, he cast a spell for me which I use and I played and won $4,200,201 million dollars. I am so grateful to this man, just in-case you also need him to help you win, you can contact him through his email: Drjohnwinlotterspell@gmail.com, WhatsApp number: +1 (803) 820 2671 ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. TRUST GREAT DR JOHN SOCO. My names are Zander Schumm from United States. Great Dr JOHN SOCO is really powerful and knows how to do his job perfectly. If not for him i could not imagine what would have happened. My ex was always picking up an argument with me and was always beating me. He started acting strange and funny and left me for no cause for another girl. I thought all hope was gone. I searched for help on the internet and i came across Great Dr JOHN SOCO. I saw so many testimonies about him. I was delighted and i contacted him on his email and told him what was going on. He laughed and assured me to calm down that he will help me and that my ex will come back begging me. He did his work and cast the spell for me and in 2 days time, my ex came apologizing just as he told me. Today we both live together and we are even more in love than how we use to be before he left. Contact the Great Dr JOHN SOCO for your own help. You can contact him on: Email:Drjohnsoco@gmail.com
    CALL/WHATSAPP +1 803-820-2671 .

    ReplyDelete

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...