Sunday, August 4, 2019

On KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN (1985)

When I was new to New York City, having recently relocated to begin a job on WPIX TV, the film KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN was in theaters. I paid to see that film about three times in one month. It moved me deeply, as if I had received a kiss so memorable that it illuminated my soul. I have since seen it several times. Each time, I discover something new about it. Each time, I am again moved. I am extremely grateful for the luck I've had in my TV career. Later in my New York City years, I had the opportunity to interview its three gifted stars on television -- William Hurt, Raul Julia and Sonia Braga. I interviewed them individually on my VH1 talk show.
I feel that KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN is a work of cinematic art. It is a must-see.
William Hurt's performance as the gay prisoner brought him the Oscar for Best Actor.
A famous Oscar winner had been slated to play the role but had to withdraw from the project. Hurt replaced him.  Take two minutes to hear my short audio podcast piece on KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN. Just click onto this link:

www.podomatic.com/podcasts/bobbyrivers/episodes/2011-02-03T06_51_07-08_00.

Here's a trailer for 1985's KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN.


I miss the late Raul Julia. So very very much. He was taken from us way too soon. A great artist.

1 comment:

  1. HELLO EVERYONE
    Dr afrid has really be so wonderful to me i will always testify of his greatness in my life who could have believe Dr Afrid herbal herbs cured me from my herpes virus which i was having for the past 4 year,i came across drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com on a page of how to treat herpes virus and i saw a lot of testimony of how great Dr Afrid has helped them in there various problems and situations and his mobile numbers were also on each testimony +2349056393547
    to contact him, because i needed help to get rid of my herpes virus i wrote him on whats app and told him what i was passing through!dear friends all Dr AFRID ask me was not much to make sure am cured from my herpes virus, remember health is wealth, he sent me a herbal remedy for the cure of my herpes virus i was so much happy because after drinking the herbs as i was instructed by him i went to the hospital for checkup to my surprise my herpes result came out negative i will recommand drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com to anyone who need his help you can also 
    ...Thanks Dr...

    ReplyDelete

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...