Saturday, December 31, 2022

Hear Some June in December

 It is New Year's Eve and I totally wish you all the very best for 2023. I kept my resolution this year. I took time to let those who are significant in my life know that they are significant in my life. It didn't take a lot. A phone call, a note, a visit, a hug. As I wrote before, let loved ones know that they are loved -- even if they occasionally work your last good nerve. Be kind. Think about how you'd like to be treated. Take the time before there is no time.

But enough about me. Let's swing into New Year's Eve with June in December. The late, great June Christy was a cool jazz vocalist who started her celebrated career by singing with the Stan Kenton Orchestra. I hope you'll dig this trio of her tunes.

Here is "Give Me The Simple Life."

 

She celebrated the holiday season with "The Merriest."


Now let's wind it up with "Sorry To See You Go."


May all your sweet dreams for the new year come true. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...