Thursday, September 29, 2022

Listen to Lizabeth Scott

 A sultry blonde with a smoky voice. She seemed made for film noir movie duty as in THE STRANGE LOVE OF MARTHA IVERS with Barbara Stanwyck and Van Heflin and DEAD RECKONING with Humphrey Bogart. My favorite of her films is Paramount's Technicolor drenched DESERT FURY with Burt Lancaster and, as "Aunt Fritzi," Mary Astor.

After having watched hours of Hurricane Ian live news coverage, I needed to refresh my spirits. So, I turned to actress Lizabeth Scott. She wasn't just a film noir babe, she had a cool way of handling a jazz tune.

Here's Lizabeth Scott doing "He's a Man."


Up for another one? Here she is doing "Can't Get Out of This Mood."


I hope you enjoyed them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...