Sunday, September 4, 2022

For Labor Day Weekend

 I wish you a very relaxing and enjoyable Labor Day holiday. I'm a proud union member of the Screen Actors Guild. My union makes sure that I am being treated respectfully in the workplace, that I get paid in a timely manner and that I get a raise when it's deserved. 

Here's an example of why I love the Screen Actors Guild which also takes care of TV & radio performers: When I do union work, I get paid every two weeks. Quite some time ago, I did nearly a year of non-union work on Food Network and I was lucky if I got paid every two months. THAT'S why I am grateful to have the SAG/AFTRA union behind me.

In honor of Labor Day, here's a number done by striking factory workers, lead by Doris Day, in the 1957 Warner Bros film version of the Broadway musical comedy hit, THE PAJAMA GAME.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...