Tuesday, April 26, 2022

About NCIS: HAWAI'I on CBS

 Do you watch that new addition to the NCIS franchise on CBS? It's become one of my new Monday night favorite shows. I watch it because of its lead actress, Vanessa Lachey. Before the show premiered, I saw her on the CBS MORNINGS news program. She was a celebrity guest and, of course, she was promoting the show. She grabbed my interest because, back in 2003, she hosted a show on MTV. I worked for MTV Networks back in the late 80s as a host on VH1. 

Vanessa Lachey plays Jane Tennant, the first female Special Agent in Charge of NCIS Pearl Harbor. I watch mainly because Lachey is excellent in the role. You totally believe her as the special agent. Tennant is focused, serious, a good leader and tough. She will take a bad guy down in a heartbeat. There are other elements, besides Vanessa Lachey's performance coupled with the episodes' action-packed mysteries, that I love about the show. It has good roles for women -- women who are young, middle-aged and in their senior years. There's a same-sex relationship between two of the female staff members that's worked smoothly and interestingly into the show.

As for racial diversity, NCIS: HAWAI'I gets an A. Episodic TV programs shot in New York will employ local actors. The same with shows shot in L.A. This show is shot in Hawaii and uses a lot of local actors. Let me tell you, there is some exceptional Asian-American and Pacific Islander acting talent we see on NCIS: HAWAI'I. Much of that talent should be invited to come over here to the mainland and book some work.

There you have it -- my love for Vanessa Lachey's acting on NCIS: HAWAI'I plus other elements in the show.  Oh! About that spelling of the state in the show's title. The special apostrophe is called an okina. It reflects the island name's spelling in the Hawaiian language. Here's a taste of the show.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...