Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Olivia Newton-John & Me

 Once upon a time, I worked on-air for VH1 which was, along with MTV, under the Viacom/CBS umbrella. Today, they're all under the Paramount umbrella. When I worked for VH1, the happiest and most fulfilling job of my TV career, I had a prime-time celebrity talk show that aired Mondays through Fridays. It was called WATCH BOBBY RIVERS. I'm proud to say that I got excellent reviews from The New Yok Times, TV Guide and People magazine.

Pardon me for dragging you kicking and screaming down memory lane to the late 1980s, but I recently found this segment on YouTube. It's from my talk show. My guest is the lovable Olivia Newton-John whom I first saw perform in-person at Disneyland when I was a high school junior.


As a reminder -- especially for classic film fans -- singer/actress Olivia Newton-John is in a category with Rita Hayworth, Cyd Charisse, Leslie Caron and Vera-Ellen. She got to dance with Gene Kelly in a movie musical. Here they are in the 1980 musical XANADU.
 

Thanks for your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...