Sunday, November 22, 2020

About DOLLY PARTON'S CHRISTMAS ON THE SQUARE

 Change. Faith. Forgiveness. That's what at the heart of DOLLY PARTON'S CHRISTMAS ON THE SQUARE, an original holiday musical currently airing on Netflix. I expected this production, which runs 1 hour and 38 minutes, to have more corn than a Kansas City picnic on the 4th of July. Well, it is sentimental without being schmaltzy. To be honest, I had a couple of tears in my eyes come the end of it. If this feature aired on ABC or CBS after a network presentation of the beloved Charlie Brown Christmas special, I'd leave the channel right where it was and enjoy it. DOLLY PARTON'S CHRISTMAS ON THE SQUARE is exactly the holiday tonic we needed, especially in an emotionally, physically and financially brutal year such as 2020 has been. It's something comfortable and warm you can slip into, like a favorite pair of slippers. This mirthful and poignant feature reminds us that Christine Baranski, Treat Williams and Jenifer Lewis, stars of the production, are veteran musical talents Baranski and Williams have Broadway credits. He was in the movie version of HAIR. She was in the movie version of MAMMA MIA! Jenifer Lewis, now a regular on the hit BLACK-ISH sitcom, was one of Bette Midler's Harlettes, her fabulous back-up singers, in her 1970s concerts. You can see Lewis as a Harlette in one of Bette's numbers in BEACHES. Each actor has a number in DOLLY PARTON'S CHRISTMAS ON THE SQUARE.


The show also reminds us that Dolly Parton is one of our premier songwriters, a most prolific composer who has written for her country albums, for movies, Broadway and TV. Parton wrote all the songs we hear in the original production, directed and choreographed by Debbie Allen.

Baranski plays the woman who pretty much owns a small town. She's a cold, corporate character who plans to sell the town to make her corporate dreams come true. She plans to sell the town to a mall developer. She's handing out eviction notices at Christmastime along with her version of stimulus checks so that the residents can move on with their lives. Somewhere else. She's a bit like Mr. Potter in IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE with a dose of Senator Mitch McConnell. Some townspeople have known Regina Fuller for years but they do not know what covered her heart with a hard frost in Fullerville over the years. What changed her?

Christine Baranski is wonderful in the role. She never gets overboard into caricature and me Regina Fuller just a female Scrooge. You see her corporate exterior. You also see a heartbreak behind the eyes. In this fantasy, Baranski makes Regina Fuller a believable character. The story takes place in a small town and director Debbie Allen keeps a cozy small town intimacy and feeling throughout it. Being a Dolly Parton production, there is diversity and inclusion in the town church. The congregation is black, white, brown, young, old, straight and openly. As for Dolly, she appears as a homeless person who's really a Christmas angel. 

I absolutely loved the duet Christine Baranski's character has with the little girl, Violet, who helps her bartender dad. Violet calls herself "an old soul." Jenifer Lewis gets a rousing church number that would fit perfectly in real-life church services for moments of praise. Another church number, with the entire congregation singing that Regina Fuller is "The Wicked Witch of the Middle" is a hoot. I repeat -- Dolly Parton wrote all the songs. Here's a trailer.


This year, singer/songwriter/actress/producer donated $1 million to help find a vaccine for COVID-19. To me, she really is a Christmas angel. Next year, President Biden should bestow upon her a National Medal of Freedom.


7 comments:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 9 years in marriage with my hubby{TONY DWAYNE} with 3 kids, my husband{TONY DWAYNE} started going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies, I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet Dr. ikhide who help people with the relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a spell and within 24hours my husband {TONY DWAYNE} came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with ladies and he his with me for good and for real. Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem at email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081
    so you can also be happy just like me and dont be ashamed contact this dr ikhide today and fix all your problems/issues here is the contact via email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081

































    After 9 years in marriage with my hubby{TONY DWAYNE} with 3 kids, my husband{TONY DWAYNE} started going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies, I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet Dr. ikhide who help people with the relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a spell and within 24hours my husband {TONY DWAYNE} came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with ladies and he his with me for good and for real. Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem at email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081
    so you can also be happy just like me and dont be ashamed contact this dr ikhide today and fix all your problems/issues here is the contact via email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to let the world know about Doctor AKHERE the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost. Doctor AKHERE used his powerful spell to put a smile on my face by bringing back my man with his spell, at first i thought i was dreaming when my husband came back to me on his knees begging me to forgive him and accept him back and even since then he loves me more than i ever expected so i made a vow to my self the i will let the World know about Doctor AKHERE because he is a God on earth. Do you have problems in your relationship ? have your partner broke up with you and you still love and want him back ? Do you have problem with your finance ? or do you need help of any kind then contact Doctor AKHERE today for i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you just as he helped me. Doctor AKHERE email is: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my wife have been having a lot of problem living together, she will always not make me happy because she have fallen in love with another man outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my wife leave this woman but the more i talk to her the more she makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because she no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my wife again. this spell caster who was a man told me that my wife is really under a great spell that she have been charm by some magic, so he told me that he was going to make all things normal back. he did the spell on my wife and after 5 days my wife changed completely she even apologize with the way she treated me that she was not her self, i really thank this man his name is Dr Odion he have bring back my wife back to me i want you all to contact him who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem he will solve it for you. his email is wisdomspiritualtemple@gmail.com he is a man and his great. wish you good time.
    He cast spells for different purposes like
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dream
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) HIV/AIDS CURE
    (10) is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

    Contact him today on wisdomspiritualtemple@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this WhatsApp +19492293867 , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him because i have no other choice and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks to Dr Prince. His email: princemagicspell@yahoo.com or WhatsApp +19492293867

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone this is a great testimony that I must share. I never believed in spells or magic not until I met Dr. Ogala My life is back !!! After 3 years of broken marriage, my wife left me with two children. I almost killed myself, I was emotionally broken down. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr Ogala who I met online. One faithful day while browsing the internet, I came across a lot of testimonials about this particular caster. Some people testified that he brought their ex-lover back, others testified that he restored their uterus, cured cancer and other diseases, others testified that he could cast a spell to stop the divorce. I also come across one particular testimony, it was from a woman called Sonia, she testified about how he brought her Ex lover back in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped his email (Drogalad02@gmail.com). After reading all of these testimonials, I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via his email and explained my problem to him. In just 48 hours, my wife came back to see me. We have solved our problems, and we are even happier than before, Dr Ogala is truly a talented man, I am not going to stop posting it because he is a wonderful man. If you have a problem and are looking for a real solution and a real spell caster to solve all your problems for you, contact Dr Ogala with his powers He can turn your dreams into reality.
    .................................
    IT CAN ALSO HELP YOU WITH:
    1. Bring your boyfriend or girlfriend back
    2. Bring back your husband or wife
    3. Win the lottery and promotion in the offices
    4. Help you get pregnant, if you need a baby
    5. Complete Cure Of Any Kind of Sickness contact him now through: Drogalad02@gmail.Com.. you can Call/WhatsApp with this mobile number +2347049668119 ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband changed dramatically towards me, doesn’t communicate anymore.He disrespects me and accuses me falsely of infidelity because of wicked gossip …but I’m simply AMAZED at the results of Dr. Ogudugu who did reunion love spell for me. Everything is going so well and EXACTLY how he said it would be. Even though it took 3 days to fully progress, it was so worth it because things are just about at perfection! How he took my situation and completely turned it around to give me exactly what I wanted is beyond me, but something I will never question and just be completely grateful, God Bless Dr.Ogudugu for turning sorrow into happiness. Dr.Ogudugu contact; greatogudugu@gmail.com/WhatsApp +2348063739701

    ReplyDelete

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...