Tuesday, May 23, 2023

For TED LASSO Fans

 On Twitter, I read a few comments from critics about this current -- and final -- season of TED LASSO. The critics felt that the current season was lacking in character development. Well...I'm of the point now in my life where I feel there are way too many critics who are basically writing to seem high-tone and impress other critics. There's no passion in their work but, often, there is passion in the imperfect but worthwhile work they criticize. I've been loving this current season of TED LASSO. We discover more about Coach Ted, the complicated optimist whose sunny disposition hides some of the storm clouds in his heart.

I just watched Episode 11 on Apple+. Ted's mother flies to London for a surprise visit. That's not a spoiler. We learn it in the first minute. Later in the episode, there's lovely moment involving a clip from a Tom Hanks romantic comedy. And Nate learns a big lesson in forgiveness.

I was so touched that I broke out crying in the last 10 minutes of Episode 11. The episode is about forgiveness and it touched a couple of sensitive areas in my heart that I'd pushed way, way back some years ago.

For those who've never seen the show, here's a taste of the current season.


I love this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...