Monday, July 25, 2022

Some Sarah Vaughan

 She was a jazz queen, a sublime vocalist whose nickname was "Sassy." How do I know that? Mom and Dad told me when I was a little boy. On Sunday afternoons, especially in the summer, they played jazz albums on the family stereo. I grew up listening to the vocal artistry of Sarah Vaughan. If you never heard her sing, stay with this blog post of mine. Stay a few minutes, refresh hour spirit and treat your ears.

I'm going to take some time off to read a good book or two and reconnect with friends. Nevertheless, I want to leave you with some good music. Here's Sarah Vaughan singing "Honeysuckle Rose." Enjoy,


Here is my favorite Sarah Vaughan vocal that my parents frequently played. This totally cool tune is called "Shiny Stockings."


Be cool, be safe, be kind. Don't forget to remind your loved ones that they are loved. Get in touch with those who have made you feel significant in their lives and make them feel significant in yours.

Thanks for listening to the Divine Sarah.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...