Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Lee Wiley Music Break

 During the ten years I worked and lived in Milwaukee, on the weekends, I'd meet friends at the local bars to catch up, search for a possible boyfriend, laugh a lot and have a few drinks. Sometimes, more than a few. When I got back to my humble apartment after midnight, I'd turn on the radio and listen to a marvelous DJ named Ron Cuzner. He hosted a very late-night jazz show called "The Dark Side." Cuzner was very stylized yet engaging with his unique vocal delivery. He was sophisticated yet down-to-earth. He was like a bit of Manhattan dropped into the city known then as an inspiration for TV's HAPPY DAYS sitcom. On his show, he introduced me to quite a few jazz artists.

One was vocalist Lee Wiley, a lady with a voice like velvet. In memory of Ron, I may be introducing her to some of you now.

Here's Lee Wiley doing "I've Got a Crush on You."


She does a sweet job on "Oh, Look at Me Now."


Let's wind it up with Lee Wiley's rendition of "Manhattan."


Thanks for listening to my Lee Wiley music break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...