Thursday, February 16, 2023

A Romantic Memory

 I have not been romantically attached in a long, long time. And that's not by choice. I've tried. I've gotten out there. But I have never been on the A-List of Dating. Friends urged me to try online dating. I gave it several tries The experiences taught me this: Online dating is a circle of Hell that Dante never encountered. But that's just me. It's worked for many others.

Today is an anniversary for me. On February 16, 2020, I was in California working on a freelance TV project for a few days. While in town, I visited a very dear friend who invited me to grab a bite with him and a trio of his friends. I accepted the invitation. A handsome friend of his found me attractive. That attraction led to a lovely and totally unexpected horizontal encounter. As usual, when such a rare event like that has happened to me over the decades, a certain song was playing in my head while I was being kissed. Here it is:


I sent him a thank-you note the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...