Monday, January 10, 2022

Barbra Streisand Music Break

 Happy New Year. We made it through 2021. Thank Heaven! I was in a mood to hear some music from my early teen years back in Los Angeles. Right next to my Motown albums in our record collection, I had albums from a new singer getting lots of airplay on L.A. radio stations. Her CBS specials were sensational. She was a hit on Broadway and she was headed to Hollywood to star in the film version of the play that made her a Broadway musical star -- FUNNY GIRL.

I spent many a lazy Sunday afternoon listening to my Barbra Streisand records. And I still recall the thrill when I bought the FUNNY GIRL soundtrack before I saw the movie at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood. From the soundtrack, here is Barbra Streisand singing what became one of her signature tunes -- "People."

Click onto the link below. 👇

https://youtu.be/P54IEBAmepg.

From PEOPLE, one of her early albums, Here is "How Does The Wine Taste?"


The Barbra Streisand CBS specials were "must-see" TV events in our household. We were awestruck by her star power, charisma, confidence and talent singing "Starting Here, Starting Now." This was a few years before FUNNY GIRL hit the big screens.


I hope you enjoyed my little musical trip down memory lane.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...