Thursday, March 19, 2020

Health Tips from Mel Brooks & Son

The late, great Anne Bancroft would be so proud of her son.  Anne Bancroft, that first-class Broadway and film actress who won the Best Actress Oscar for recreating her acclaimed Broadway performance as Helen Keller's teacher in THE MIRACLE WORKER and became the most interesting character with her performance as the amoral Mrs. Robinson in THE GRADUATE, was the Catholic Italian who married a funny Jewish guy named Mel Brooks.
Their son, Max Brooks, is a successful novelist. Max is in his 40's. His dad is in his 90's. Max recently posted this public service announcement on Twitter to stress the importance of following orders from health officials in this weird time of the coronavirus pandemic.


I heard Max interviewed on National Public Radio once. Wow. What an impressive, knowledgeable guy -- and, if you loved his mother, your love increased if you heard him talk about her in that interview. He's dyslexic. When he was a kid in school, teachers were not really aware of dyslexia. Some thought he was just goofing off or trying to avoid doing his schoolwork. His mother sensed that something else was at play. She took a year or more off from her very successful career to school herself on dyslexia and then become his educational advocate and teacher. Remember her role as Annie Sullivan in THE MIRACLE WORKER? In a way, life imitated art. She turned herself into a real-life Annie Sullivan for her own child.
It's Thursday. Today, I watched the CBS THIS MORNING news program. One segment focused on our eating habits during this virus crisis. Registered dietitian Samantha Heller had tips on what to eat while stuck indoors with family members. She was asked what foods we should buy to keep in our pantries. The first item she mentioned was beans. Buy a variety of beans. Plenty of beans -- because they're healthy and can be used in several dishes. With that in mind, I leave you with a moment from BLAZING SADDLES, a classic western from filmmaker Mel Brooks. Thanks for your time.


4 comments:

  1. Stay at home and start Good Income,We provide a great work which u can start from your home no Boss No Tension…Read More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will forever be indebted to the great Doctor TAKUTA for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Takuta now, his email is takutaspellalter@gmail. com or WhatsApp on +2348158676990

      Delete
    2. Hello everyone am here to give my testimony about how Dr LOSA brought
      back my happiness.Dr LOSA have really be a good man to me, he help
      me cured my herpes virus after two years of suffering and now am a
      living testimony to the world and my family are now happy again
      just like before all because of the herbs Dr LOSA prepare for me.
      Dr LOSA is a well recognized herbal doctor all over the world,
      he is very important in the society because he have the cure and
      treatment to all kinds of diseases,and bring back my happiness within
      the space of 21 days.If you also need his help you can contact him
      via email: dr.losaherbalhome@gmail.com you can also call or whatsapp his +2349056464736

      He cure listed diseases

      CANCER

      HEPATITIS A AND B

      DIABETIC.

      HERPES

      HIV CURE

      Delete
  2. It breaks my heart to know that people are hurting so badly that they are desperate to get their love lives back. For anyone hurting right now, I want you to worry no more for your Ex lover/partner will come back to you so you can feel whole again and I truly mean that... When my wife left me, Lord Zakuza was the man I contacted that helped me to get my wife back with his powerful spell within 48 hours and I can never forget the day I meant Lord Zakuza for he's spells perform GREAT MIRACLES. Get in touch with Lord Zakuza now for he's like a God on earth that can get your EX lover back within 48 hours with his powerful spell. WhatsApp and text him through this number +1 740 573 9483

    ReplyDelete

Colman Domingo in RUSTIN

In the first ten minutes of Steven Spielberg's LINCOLN, we see Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln talking to two Black soldiers on a Ci...